Thursday, May 8, 2008

So I realize this morning I was grouchy. It was an important day with a little more intense responsibility at work then normal.But within this day, even though I had my head bit off and some trouble getting started with today's agenda, I had a realization.

As I stood frustrated in a conference room explaining myself, another women stepped in and hugged the women I was talking to, expressing her concern for her family and offering her support. And here I stood, in the midst of an issue, now totally drawn back that the person I was talking with had just received a phone call from her husband who was calling from the back of an ambulance, apparently he was in the hospital, and here she had stood listening and discussing with me and I had no idea. There was no evidence that I could see prior to our conversation that anything like that had occured, it was then that I had that realization... these little things that I am forcing myself to smile over pale in comparison to the blessings I have been given.
So I stood in concern now and not frustration to ensure that she too was alright, to offer my own support.

I hope this stays within my heart, that I am not always able to be aware of others and what they are experiencing, but that I need to remember that sometimes it isn't ever about the issue in front of me or about me at all.

No comments: