Thursday, May 8, 2008

where have all the angels gone?

Ok so where's the good angel thats supposed to pop up when your conscious is questioning what you should do or say or how you should act?

The bad one seems very present in the majority of people, did the good angel take a leave of absence, did someone smuther them to non-existence?

Seriously, when did the conscious become so lop-sided? When did we start thinking it was okay to tell people what you are doing with their things and not ask if it is even okay.

I come into my office today and am missing a power cord to a laptop that was on my desk.
Not a huge problem except it doesnt even belong to me and is for a huge executive meeting today, which is why I am here at 6:45am now searching thru old boxes looking for one that will work. It's a great way to start your day, really! Try it. ::sarcasm::

Here's another example: my daughter is probably 5 months old at the time of this incident and I take her to our church craft fair, upon arriving she is asleep so I pick her up and place her in our stroller. When entering the church a lady (whom I don't even know) asks me if my child is on drugs ?!@!!???#!?!?! :: i am giving you a moment to scream as I wish I had:: she then preceeds to tell me as if her question were within reason - that she asks because my daughter is staring into space. It is also at this moment that she looks at her friend next to her and says It isn't good to give babies drugs !@?#!???!!? I can only explain what I wish my answer had been, it was at that moment that I came to the realization that I need to react more strongly and at the same level of abrassiveness when responding to such absurd behavior.

Or how about the "I am going to..." for instance, I am going to wear your clothes, use your brush, take your child to _________ [fill in the blank]

some examples I have had are :
take your child to...
...take pictures
...go shopping for your mother's day gift (my husband did not say this and that is why it counts)
...their house
...a friend's house
...waco (another city)

some of these examples range from the shrug your shoulders "eh" response to the blood is rushing to my face angry response...

So back to the main question, where did all the angels go? really? I need to know, I need a point of contact or the location of the closet their locked in or something because they are gaged and bound somewhere... they are surely not appearing on the shoulders of most.

No comments: